Chinese Government Scholarship – “Chinese University Postgraduate” Program
“Chinese University Postgraduate” Program is a scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. It only supports graduate students.
I Supporting Categories, Duration and Instruction Language
1. Supporting Category.
This scholarship only supports postgraduate students (Master & Ph.D.).
This scholarship only supports master’s students for no more than 3 academic years or doctoral students for no more than 4 academic years. The scholarship covers both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, as specified in the Admission Letter.
3. Instruction Language
Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
All applicants are requested to provide their language proficiency certificates for the scholarship applications. Postgraduate candidates should have achieved HSK Level IV or above. Applicants for English-taught programs should provide valid English Proficiency Test (IELTS or TOFEL) certificates.
II Scholarship Coverage
The program provides both full scholarships and partial scholarships. Full Scholarship covers tuition waiver, accommodation fee, stipend, comprehensive medical insurance. Partial scholarship covers one or some items of the full scholarship.
Accommodation fee standard:
- Undergraduate students (preppies), master’s students (general scholars): CNY 700 per month;
- Doctoral students (senior scholars): CNY 1000 per month.
- Undergraduate students: CNY 2,500 per month;
- Master’s students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
- Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
Within the scholarship duration, registered scholarship students will receive a stipend from their host university each month. Students registering on or before the 15thof the month will receive a full stipend of that month. Those who register after the 15thof the month will receive a half stipend of that month. Graduating students will receive stipend until half month after the graduation date. If registered student stays out of China for more than 15 days due to a personal reason (school holidays excluded), his stipend will be stopped during his leaving.
III Where and When to Apply
Where to Apply
Apply to CUPL, with agency code 10053, scholarship category B.
When to Apply
The deadline is at the end of March.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
- be a bachelor’s degree holder and no more than 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- be a master’s degree holder and no more than 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
V Application Procedure
Step 1 - Complete the online application procedure at CGS Information Management System for International Students (Visit http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org and click “Application Online” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship, and print a hard copy. Please check the document attached for more instructions.
Step 2 - No need to submit separate application via CUPL portal and no need to mail hard copy of your application documents to CUPL.
NOTE: Only applications of recommended candidates from designated Chinese universities will be considered by CSC.
VI Application Documents
Please check the document attached for more instructions.
VII Scholarship Confirmation
1. University reviews the application documents and nominates candidates.
2. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China with approval of the CSC.
3. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
4. Scholarship recipients shall not allow to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the Admission Letter after their coming to China.
5. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
VIII Contact information of CSC
Tel: 0086-10-66093970 or 66093978
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/studyinchina or http://www.campuschina.org
Address: Division of International Students Affairs, China Scholarship Council, Level 13, Building A3, No.9 Chegongzhuang Avenue, Beijing, P.R China
IX Contact information of School of International Education, CUPL
Tel and Fax: (86-10) 58908240
Address: International Students Office,Room A1101, New Research Building,No.25 Xitucheng Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100088